- Go regularly to a therapist for lymph drainage.
- Make sure the straps of your bra do not cut into your skin.
- Choose a bra with wide straps which do not curl, and with a soft and wide underbust band. Bras should
never cut in. Avoid wearing clothes which restrict or cut in on the operated side.
- Promote lymph drainage with preventative gymnastic exercises. A simple exercise: squeeze a rubber ball for
three minutes several times a day with the hand on the operated side.
- Regularly rest your arm in an elevated position, e.g. while watching television. Avoid any cuts or scratches.
- Wear your handbag on the side which has not been operated on or carry a small rucksack.
- Do not use the arm on the operated side for blood pressure measurements, injections or blood samples.